Sunday 14 June 2020

Hussites vs Avars - posted by Mike Thorn, 14 June 2020

Mike Thorn and I had a game at Hutt club and here are some photos to make it official.
Mike was commanding Hussite with wwg, bw(x), some blade, 4 art(I) and kn generals. The bows had only arrived into the country the day before so were looking a bit pale and travel weary.
I commanded an all mounted Avar army cv(s) lh(s) and 4 kn(f).
Mike arranged his army in what can best be described as a checker pattern so there were cross fields of fire to any approach. It then trundled towards me.
I looked for any gaps on the wings while the cv bravely engaged the centre.
Some successes for the Avar but the resilience of bow(x) and wwg proved too much.

About 4 bounds in when I remembered to take photos

The main action towards the centre


Light horse run over the ditch to harass the baggage and get behind troops.


1 war wagon down

  • Vincent Cholewa Great to see you guys playing and the club open again 😊💕🏆
  • Dirk Heinsius I had a great game against Craig's pre-feudal Scots. Only problem is Craigs bases gave me an ear-worm last night, and had me humming "The heather on the hill" all night 😁
Mike Thorn Thanks for the game Neil. It was nice having someone who new the warwagon rules trying to take them apart. Was good to see the warwagons can make it all the way across the table over the course of the game. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment