Sunday 29 May 2022

Ptolemaic Egyptian vs Later Pre-Islamic Arab - posted by John Edmundson

Camelid Embarassment:
Oh the ignominy . . .
The LH(i) camel in the circle repelled the Xystophoroi to the front and the Pike (3-1 QK) to the hard flank. Twice.
Then, to add to the humiliation, Ptolemy IV (just at the bottom of the circle) was bitten by a Cm(o). A camel (o)!!! The offending ungulates can be seen, half circled, moving in for the kill.
Disgusting worthless Cm(o) CF2 + dice 6 = 8.
Ptolemy Kn(f) SBE CF3 + general 1 + dice 1 = 5, oh -1 for (f) in 🐫 bound = bitten by camel . . .
I can only say that the thureophoroi on the right wing redeemed me, walking over the Arab swordsmen (Ax(o)) in quick time, killing the general and breaking that command.

The game was 300AP Ptolemaic Egyptian vs Later Pre-Islamic Arab. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2077562369070011/


  • John Edmundson
    Author
    Apologies for the poor image quality. The engravers have been relegated to tomb digging duties - their own . . .
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Barry Norris
    Those camels will kill you ...
    May be an image of text that says 'GAMEL FILTERS TURKISH & AMERICAN BLEND'
    2
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    My apologies, I was a bad admin and couldn't help myself. I reacted with a laughing emoji!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    If it is any consolation, my Early Imperial Romans never leave home without their two Reg LH(I) dromedarii. I have found them rather good value for the AP.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    • John Edmundson
      Author
      Vincent Cholewa My Ptolemaics never leave home without their two Irr LH(i) camels either, but I made an exception facing LPIA. I figured I was going to be so out-camelled that they'd be a liability. Turns out the CinC was the liability . . .
      • Sad
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
      • Edited
  • Julian Hannam
    This picture is so bad it must be using a camera from the time…
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    View 1 more reply
  • James Davies
    Even inferior camels know that they're superior to other life-forms.
    2
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Kevin McCarthy
    Is there a camel super army in the lists?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    • Ben Vartok
      Kevin McCarthy Subjective term "Super", I like the look of the Tuareg with heaps of Cm S and Warband. Add a can of blue spray paint and the army could be done in a day.
      3
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Vincent Cholewa
      Admin
      Group expert
      Kevin McCarthy in a word, no!
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • John Edmundson
      Author
      I once wrote some lyrics to "Whiskey in the jar", to lampoon what I then perceived to be the inordinate weakness of Cm(O). I believe it lost to the unarchived dbmm yahoo group. Perhaps for the best given my experience on Thursday :~)
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Dave Madigan
      Kevin McCarthy UK legend has it that Phil Barker has used Tuareg to devastating effect......to his own detriment. Beja in DBM 3 days was viewed as a good army. Didn't like my NKE however....🤣
      2
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
  • Phil Malthus
    The stinky boys come through!


No comments:

Post a Comment