Saturday 14 May 2022

Late Imperial Roman list - posted by Kevin O'Kane, 10 May 2022

 AJ asked about the template I use for lists - so sample attached.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2064232730402975/

  • Josh Barton
    Neat, question though does that list still refer to them as Legionarii not comententes? I thought it had changed by the 4th century
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 4d
  • Kevin O'Kane
    Author
    Legionarii in the book - some units were comitatensis (spelling?) others palatina. I've always understood that to be a status description rather than a troop type.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 4d
    • Josh Barton
      Kevin O'Kane oh maybe, I thought it was both - comententes (sp as well) were the post-reform legions, compared to Palatina (post-reform Praetorians) and limitanii (light regional troops). I may be totally, and completely wrong though!


No comments:

Post a Comment