Sunday 19 April 2020

Scots (and some Scythians) - posted by Craig Mabon, 19 April 2020

In response to popular demand (well,Vincent Cholewa asked), here's a brief photo essay of what I did in the Lockdown of 2020. Not as much as I'd like as I'm working from home - mind you I now have about 3 hours a day that was formerly travelling time in which to paint. The lead mountain is beginning to look like as small hill. So far I've completed 14 elements of Pk(F), 3 elements of Bge(O), 2 elements of LH(O), 2 elements of Cv(O), 5 elements of Ps(O) and 4 elements of Ps(S) for the Army of the Scottish play and 2 elements of LH(F), Scythian allies for my Kushans.
Psiloi (S) and (O) with baggage in the background
Scots Javelinmen (Ps(S))


Baggage/Camp
Scots Cavalry - Cv(O) in front, LH(O) behind)

Scots Spearmen, of which I have 38 elements so far painted (14 in the last month)

More Scots spearmen
Yet more Scots spearmen

LH(O), with a couple of blokes in heavier armour included, because I had left-over figures



Something Completely Different - Scythian Horse Archers


Scots Archers (Ps(O))

Scots Archers again
Dirk Heinsius Excellent more barbarians to incorporate into the Roman Empire
2
Vincent Cholewa Tufts! Good on you, Craig. Great work 👍
  • Craig Mabon Thank Scott Bowman and Kapiti Hobbies. I have supplemented the white heather I began with two shades of purple/lilac, so now I have to back and add some of the more colourful heather to the first bases completed.
  • John Edmundson Oh, the summertime is comin'
    And the trees are sweetly bloomin'
    And the wild mountain thyme

    Grows around the purple heather
    Will you go? Lassie, will you go?

  • Craig Mabon Thank Scott Bowman and Kapiti Hobbies. I have supplemented the white heather I began with two shades of purple/lilac, so now I have to back and add some of the more colourful heather to the first bases completed.
  • John Edmundson Oh, the summertime is comin'
    And the trees are sweetly bloomin'
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the purple heather
    Will you go? Lassie, will you go?





No comments:

Post a Comment