Sunday 1 August 2021

Winter Cup day 1, Sung Chinese vs Palmyrans - posted by Craig Mabon, 28 July 2021

Winter Cup Day 1 - here's a few photos of my lads at the end of the game against Paul Graham's Palmyrans. Don't let the pictures fool you - the cavalry wing had broken. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1857285937764323/

The Imperial Infantry relax after driving off the assault of the legionaries.

Thankfully I rolled good pip dice - the fragmented cavalry command being held after breaking

The C-in-C moves out to watch his cavalry wing run away, while the firelance foot see off some legionaries

The militia valiantly see off the threat of the Roman cavalry - lurking in the top-right of the picture
  • John Edmundson
    So who won, and what were you using?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 4d
  • Craig Mabon
    Author
    +1
    I was using Sung Chinese and Paul was using Palmyrans. Despite my cavalry command breaking, I managed to break the Roman command - mainly shot up by my infantry. The cavalry command did break one of his cavalry commands, mainly by destroying all the horse archers in the command. Taking out the general also helped substantially. Final score 19-6 to me, but it felt a lot closer than that.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 4d

No comments:

Post a Comment