Sunday 1 August 2021

Post-Mongol Samurai vs Patrician Roman - posted by Barry Norris, 1 August 2021

My Post-Mongol Samurai faced off against Peter Dunn and his Patricians at Warlords on Saturday. I am sad to announce that Rome has successfully invaded the Land of the Rising Sun. Of course I claim the that the sun was in my eyes ...

At least I got to deploy second with a difficult hill on my right and an orchard (full of Sohei) on my left. Peter decided that having an Art(S) and a bunch of pike (Ashigaru Pike(F) are still pike) facing his knights was a poor match up and did the Roman "I think I'll rearrange my army now" trick. Yes I'm looking at you Dirk.
There was much bouncing of LH(S) off the Ashigaru and a bit of largely ineffectual shooting but eventually the Patricians managed to break the monks due to an unfortunate episode with a Monk general and a Kn(F). The other Kn(F) had marched from the Roman right to the left and eventually contacted the Samurai Cv disheartening the command. We called a day with the Peter the winner.

Note to self - need to practice more with the Samurai. They don't have a lot of intrinsic advantages but they have some reasonable troops and should be tough if I can get the doctrine right. Patience while I practice everyone. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1860235574136026/



The Patricians line up with the bulk of their mounted on their right. Aux and Legionaries baked by Kn(X) in the centre and the left largely refused.

The Samurai with Monks in the orchard nearest then an Art(S), a block of Pike(F) Ashigaru, the bowmen and Samurai blades. The right flank had bow, Samurai blades, and mounted Samurai. The reserve was more Samurai (mounted and foot).


A view of the centre at the end. Samurai foot engaging the legion and the Samurai bows trying to shoot anything that moved



A view of the Samurai left at the end. Fleeing monks, the Ashigaru on the right and the reserves on the left trying to fill the gap


Allen Yaxley
Did you have any stratagems in play.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 9h
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group Expert
    +2
    Many thanks for posting, Barry. "Patsies" are a tough army. Well set up for most opponents.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 8h
    • Edited
  • Dirk Heinsius
    Wot me? Never ðŸ™‚

No comments:

Post a Comment