Sunday 8 August 2021

New glasses for painting - posted by Vince Cholewa, 3 August 2021

Selfie! New glasses. These are my brand new glasses for close work. I wear glasses with progressive lenses and at my last eye check my prescription had not changed but I was starting to find close work, like painting toy soldiers, more difficult. My optometrist told me progressives won’t cope with that kind of close work while also having the long focal length I need for driving. She suggested glasses with a single, shorter focal length. They are great! I am still working on Brennan’s light horse (Sarmatians/Alan’s/and friends) but I can “see” progress will speed up 🤳 👓 😊

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1861278574031726/


mments

All Comments

  • Scott Bowman
    Nice. I’ve been using hobby reading glasses +4.00 for some time for hobby model painting. You can’t see a thing through them when you look up, but for close up work they’re great. ðŸ™‚
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 5d
  • Ben Vartok
    Good move. It's an age / stage thing according to my optometrist. I havn't needed glasses up until recently but at a certain age the muscles don't have the ability to work as well focusing on close stuff. I know from experience having those glasses will speed your painting up Vince. Also worth checking every 12 - 18months as it can change more.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 5d
  • Ben Vartok
    Further hot tip, if you decide to use one of those giant jewellers magnifying / light desk things make sure you put it away from windows or you could have an Archimedes moment!
    2
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 5d
  • John Edmundson
    I've got this thing beauticians use to paint nails. You look through a big magnifying lens and it has its own light. A friend of my wife's died and I ended up with it. I found I couldn't decide whether to wear my glasses with it or not so I put it in the garage. I went to get it this morning and the plug has vanished from the cord . . .
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 5d
    • Ben Vartok
      John Edmundson Thats lucky! I found it hard to paint using one of those things and did I say they can start fires......user error yes, that sun moves around and I hadn't judged the angle right when I put the damm thing against the wall.........I would put it in the bin.
      2
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 5d

Daniel Wade

Lately I have been putting a pair of +1 glasses over my usual +1.5 painting glasses. I'm waiting for a check up before I invest in some stronger 



No comments:

Post a Comment