Monday 11 April 2022

Book: "The Army of Ptolemaic Egypt" - posted by John Edmundson, 8 April 2022

 Sent on January 24th and allegedly delivered to the door some time later. Discovered, along with a couple of parcels my wife had ordered, one intended as a Christmas present, in an overgrown section of the front garden this afternoon . . .

Fortunately unscathed by the experience but I'm singularly unimpressed with the courier.
Speaking of the Ptolemies, the army got a run last night. No photos but I'll write up a wee summary of the action.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2040668946092687/



  • Russell Briant
    Oh, just your common old garden Ptolemaics then….
    Actually it’s one army I do have and a lot of pleasure it’s given me
    No photo description available.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • Phil Malthus
    Presumably the dont-stop-just-throw-it-out-the-window school of couriers. Sounds like DHL from my expriences 😂
    Whats the book like, any good? detailed?
    3
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
    • John Edmundson
      Author
      Phil Malthus Well they must be pretty good at it because they all ended up in the same obscure piece of garden . . .
      I only realised it had arrived when I got home from work last night about 7 o'clock. But it looks very good and comes well reviewed and recommended.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Ben Vartok
      Phil Malthus Possibly here but I have recently learned what DHL stands for - Drop It, Hide It, Lose It.
      2
      • Haha
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
      • John Edmundson
        Author
        Ben Vartok to be fair I don't know what courier this was. There might be another one out there vying for the reputation . . .
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 2d


No comments:

Post a Comment