Monday, 28 September 2026

Order of Saint George - posted by Daniel Wade, 26 September 2026

I’m making progress on my Order of Saint George army. Dated 1522 but looking more like 1565 I suspect. I’ve been inspired by the current ceremonial uniforms as seen in Malta. I have painted up a Sarrisa Precision desert Castle but scratch built the tower.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/3442364325923135 


My test figures down some time ago. Mercenary Halderdiers Reg Bd(O).

Colonist crossbowmen Irr Bw (O.

Mercenary crossbowmen Reg Bw (O).



The knights of Hato Hone are coming up very nicely. Good work 👍
  • Reply
  • Share
  • This book about the 1565 siege. Out of the DBMM period but superbly written. I think the author was an Englishman who was based at Malta during World War 2 and came to love the island.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Edited
  • Vincent Cholewa this was a good read.
    May be an image of text
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Daniel Wade inspiration for an army 😊



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment