Sunday, 6 September 2026

On the sculpting table: Neo-Elamites - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 4 September 2026

On the Sculpting Table.....
Playing around with ideas for Neo-Elamites.
Still a bit of work to do, and I have another crewman to do for the version without the officer and standard.
P.S. Probably not the best army for DBMM, given that it's about 80% Irr Bw(I), including the option for Irr Bw(I) generals 😃

 

3 deep 30 wide. No-one will have enough pips to contact all along the line
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Bob Smith Impetuous Irr Sp(O), will go through them like a hot knife through butter, but it would be a fun army to use. I'd love to take on Scythians with it 😃
  • Reply
  • Share
  • it's about the only thing an impetous ISpO army would beat though.
  • This looks really impressive. Well done 👍
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Beautiful
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Gorgeous figures. Horrible army 🤣
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Replace the crew with hoplites and you have Kyrenean Greeks.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Now there's a great idea! Next project! Will have to do a bit of research, and sculpt some cart horses.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Dirk Heinsius IMO a flatbed mule cart would probably be fine for the mounted infantry. Proper chariots for the CvO of course. It's quite an effective army. I've won a few comps with them.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Dirk Heinsius have you sculpted other periods? I need someone to do a WW2 figure for me.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Lawrence Greaves, I have done some Renaissance and Malburian sculpts, but haven't tried WW2. I started sculpting as a side hobby, mainly to make figures that I wanted which weren't available commercially. Happy to give a WW2 figure a go if you want to PM me the details, it could be interesting.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Dirk Heinsius will do when I get home next week.
  • Lawrence Greaves Couldn't resist the idea of Kyrenean Greeks, so decided to spend the day on a prototype 🙂
    No photo description available.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Dirk Heinsius could you squeeze 2 more hoplites on board? Maybe one facing backwards with his legs hanging over the edge.
  • Reply
  • Share
  • That's the plan
  • Yep, love that 👍
  • Reply
  • Share
  • Ella might....and mite not!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment