Sunday 10 July 2022

"Wargaming Campaigns" by Henry Hyde - posted by John Edmundson, 8 July 2022

This just arrived. It's over 500 pages so it'll take a while to read and absorb but I'm plotting . . . 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2109674739192107/


  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    Looks most interesting. What periods does it cover?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Phil Malthus
    Is it scenarios, or an update to Tony Baths old campaigning book ?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Andrew Bennetts
    Still waiting for my copy. John Edmundson did you preorder? If yours has arrived hopefully mine’s not far away 🤞
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • John Edmundson
      Author
      Andrew Bennetts No, I just saw it somewhere and ordered from Pen And Sword. So yours shouldn't be far away :^)
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 1d
      • Andrew Bennetts
        John Edmundson Thanks John - My pre-order was dispatched a month ago so hopefully not gone astray. Looking forward to it as inspiration for some Punic Wars themed campaigns I've often thought about.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 1d
      • John Edmundson
        Author
        Andrew Bennetts I'd be chasing it up if I were you. My payment went out on June 15th and it arrived on July 8th, so just 22 days.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 1d
      • John Edmundson
        Author
        Andrew Bennetts The Punic Wars would be fun. I've also thought about 3rd or 4th Century Italy - Etruscans, Samnites, Gauls, Camillan Romans, maybe other Umbrian, Campanian and Greek. A real diversity of army types.
        Also, I've started working on rules for 11th Century Spain and North Africa. EMNA, Feudal Spain, Andalusia, maybe more. Based on some ideas from the tagmata page and the Thai group's campaign a few years ago. I'm hoping to find useful content for one or other of them.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 1d
      • Andrew Bennetts
        John Edmundson As I have both Carthaginians and Iberian Spanish I've been gathering material for a campaign of the Barca's invasion of Spain from 235. I'll run it solo, with the reactions of the Iberian tribes to Carthaginian moves being determined by dice. I'm hoping this book (when/if it turns up) will give me some ideas on different mechanisms for this.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 1d
      • John Edmundson
        Author
        Andrew Bennetts My thoughts are similar for my Spanish campaign idea. Basically 100ish AP raids to accumulate resource points to enable a full invasion. Still a WIP . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment