Sunday 24 July 2022

A china cabinet of toy soldiers - posted by Vince Cholewa, 18 July 2022

Weekend project: fasten securely to wall, add additional glass shelves and brackets, and fill with toy soldiers. No, it is not big enough!
In chronological order from the bottom shelf with approximate dates: the start of my Mitanni army, 1275 BC, and overflow from my Thracians on the second shelf, 400 BC. Third shelf, Seleucids, 300 BC. Fourth shelf, Early Imperial Romans, 165 AD. Fifth shelf, Early Byzantines 530 AD and Maurikian Byzantines 600 AD. Sixth shelf, Polish 1683.
Still in their boxes are my medieval Polish, 1500 AD. That is the army I am currently using so it is the one I chose to not unpack. Also boxed is the rest of the chariot army from Brent Senior-Partridge’s estate that I am cleaning up, repainting amd rebasing as Mitanni. Don’t know where that lot will all fit!
As background and a big thank you, the china cabinet is from my wife, Mim Cholewa, after she upgraded to a bigger one for her china collection 😊

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2117325911760323/


Toy soldiers and more toy soldiers

With the doors closed

New brackets and shelves added

Extra glass shelves to be installed

A china cabinet and some of my boxes of toy soldiers




No comments:

Post a Comment