Sunday 26 June 2022

WOTR Yorkist vs medieval French - posted by Joel McNelly, 26 June 2022

Today we upgraded from DBA and played our first game of DBMM!!!! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2100369663455948

DBMM 200 vs James Davies.
My WOTR Yorkist vs medieval French.
Although the rules are more complex I quite enjoyed the extra layers of depth over DBA.
The French had their knights mounted facing my allied generals command with my cnc facing the low quality French infantry.
The game started with my left wing becoming unreliable although I managed to get it back under control at the end of turn 2.
I expected the French to dismount so didn't have my longbows concentrated but dispersed between the Billmen.
The French knights charged my left wing and I managed to kill a few stands on the way in with longbow and cannon fire. Although I managed to break up their formation they still managed to hit my line quickly due to a pressing forward against unsuccessful shooting and the fact that irregular knights make spontaneous advances.
I the mass of knights smashed my left wing but I killed enough to break the army and win the battle. If I had lost one more element form either of my commands it would have broken my army.
The result was a very marginal English victory.
A very enjoyable and close game!
[Admin: a selection of pics, lots more on the FB post]





Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group expert
Hey Joel I am a big fan of DBA 3. Playing both is cool 😎
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 6h


No comments:

Post a Comment