Wednesday 13 November 2019

Hong Kong DBMM competition, New Kingdom Egyptians vs Early Northern Barbarians - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 11 November 2019

Game 4 vs Peter Munn using Early Northern Barbarians. Another tough matchup for the NKE. Why can't I play nice easy Assyrians? I was surprised at how small the ENB horde was, and this changed my tactics, and I decided to form up and take him head on. That being said, I wasn't going anywhere near the huge patch of rocky flat, so I had to let him come to me.
Half a dozen Psiloi were sent out to disrupt the barbarians, and that combined with shooting served to break his formation up a bit so that when the fists started to fly I wasn't at a disadvantage.
Managed to get 1 column of WB into the Bd, and another Wb, managed to take out some Ax(S)
Not much else to say really, all push and shove stuff. My Bow screen was eventually wiped out, but the chariots held the line. Peter had the advantage of being S, but I had regular maneuverability.
When time was called, we had both lost 10% so 13-12 to Peter as the attacker. Another couple of bounds and I suspect one of us would have crumbled though.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1334557166703872/

The Barbarians close but already their ranks are disrupted

Nasty rocky flat

Peter contemplates his attack strategy

My worst pip dice of the competition


The quiet flank where nothing happened

More push and shove, but the Wb can see blade ahead 

The Warband have got in and have created a couple of holes

Some posturing on the far right 
Vincent Cholewa There seem to have been lots of book 1 armies. Was this a themed competition?
Peter Munn Thanks for a great game Dirk. A real fun opponent to play against.After deployment I thought I have got this. At last no massed Knight chariots to ride down my Auxilia. I thought my Deep mixed Aux and Blade would brush aside your Warband and InferioSee More
3
  • Dirk Heinsius Peter Munn thanks I agree faced with that number of Ax(S), I was happy with a draw and not to be swamped. I agree that it could still have gone either way, and I was getting very worried about my right flank only guarded by 4 Cv(O) and some Ps(I). Fortunately you never really had enough pips there.
    Great game and would love to have a rematch
    1
  • Dirk Heinsius I must say that the Warband did better than expected. The odd 6-1 really helps
    2

No comments:

Post a Comment