Monday 15 July 2019

Citadel contrast white paint - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 8 July 2019

Experiments with Linothorax
I hate painting Linothorax, and I've got a 1001 Phalangites and Hoplites to paint. So I've been investigating the Citadel Contrast White paint.
Results are not too bad, and it does save a lot of time, anyway I thought people may be interested.

  • Vincent Cholewa I haven seen contrast paints mentioned in a few posts on line. I have not yet seen figures painted using them. Am I right that you paint over a grey primer and the paint dries to give shading effects without having to use washes etc.?
  • Finish. Normal paints on the left. and contrast paints linothorax on the right.
    Dirk Heinsius Basically yes. White is the hard one though as it is a light grey rather than a true white so it needs dryntushing
    1
  • John Garvey Details please!


After drybrushing

Ready for shields and basing

Contrast Linothorax and tunics added to illustrate contrast

Ready for basing

Finished from behind. Contrast paints on the right

Tunics and leatherwork added

Leatherwork and tunic shading done

Contrast paints on the Linothorax,and then drybrushed white

After drybrushing


No comments:

Post a Comment