Saturday 30 October 2021

Undercoating - posted by John Edmundson - 29 October 2021

I just conducted an interesting (to me anyway; probably old news to many) experiment. I undercoated two 15mm Berbers (yes, the Berbers are coming) with a thin black wash. Then I first coated one with a light brown for the flesh areas. The other I painted off-white, then washed with a thinned down coat of the same brown, thinking I'd see if I could replicate the 'contrast paint method. The difference is quite striking. A bit of a tidy up / highlight and it might look quite good. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1925303760962540/

  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    Experimenting and trying new things is always interesting. Good luck with how they turn out 👍
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Russell Briant
    Agree with your assessment.
    And if you’ll indulge me from your “The Berbers are coming”… 
    See more
    2
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • John Edmundson
      Author
      No need to apologize to The Beach Boyz Russell. Let's face it, with the sole exception of The Sloop John B, The Beach Boys should be apologising to us.
      I'll get my hat . . .
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 1d
  • Peter S. Tarasov
    Nice work! Are they Essex figures?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Aaron Jackson
    That’s really good starting point
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Julian Hannam
    Figures reward your efforts. Here’s a very simple one - wraithbone primer with darkoath flesh for Spaniards
    May be an image of 1 person



No comments:

Post a Comment