Saturday 16 October 2021

The Maghrawanids are coming - posted by John Edmundson, 15 October 2021

The Maghrawanids are coming 😊

Not as catchy as the Persians but then, I don't have any Persians . . . 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1914582502034666/

Second from the left is my first attempt to paint a strawberry roan horse.

I've been getting more adventurous with painting horses. These are all bays, chestnuts (including one flaxen) and duns.

This group includes a Palomino.

  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group Expert
    Mugwamps! Nice work, John 👍
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • Edited
  • John Edmundson
    Author
    I can use them as Zirids as well as I have a bunch of black African spearmen but I'm not sure I'm that masochistic - downgrading 1/2 the Cv to inferior seems a bridge too far, although, has anyone successfully used Irr Cv(I) as cheap LH hunters?
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d

      • Vincent Cholewa
        Admin
        Group Expert
        John Edmundson Irregular Cv (I) are clumsy. They can get into trouble against light horse but they are a factor up.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 25m
        • John Edmundson
          Author
          Vincent Cholewa Yes, the clumsiness is a problem, but I wondered if a dozen of them for only 60AP, about 8 wide, expanded to table edge (or with a few Cv(O) or LH in the flank sector) and walking forward, would stand a fighting chance of completely neutralising a LH flank :^)
          Gauls can have lots of them too.
          I've never tried it. I'm just trying to think of a use . . .
          1
          • Like
          • Reply
          • Share
          • 19m
          • Edited
        • Vincent Cholewa
          Admin
          John Edmundson having the first move and enough PIPs to get to the table edge would likely be important. If the LH got around them ...


No comments:

Post a Comment