Saturday 17 July 2021

How it started, 5th edition - posted by Kevin O'Kane, 14 July 29021

Nostalgia as provided by a friend who picked this up at a book fair. An earlier version in the Dunedin public library was my introduction to ancient wargames - cf A J Duncan 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1847254742100776/


      • Vincent Cholewa
        Admin
        Group Expert
        +1
        I have a copy in my wee collection. I played two games with these rules and then 6th edition was published.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3d
      • Misha Speed
        I still have my copy!
        2
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3d
      • Jim Morton
        Hi Kevin that was mine too. Same book, same Duncan. Dunedin library
        2
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3d
      • Robin Sutton
        3rd edition was our first intro...the result of a famous (in our memories, anyway) road trip to Dunedin to stay with Al Duncan... .. photocopy courtesy of Al, and then Russell Patton and Kevin arrived on the scene.. that would have been 1975. Then the expansion of the player base and armies under 4th .. "eee bah gum ... them were't days, laaaad"
        1
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3d
      • Alastair Duncan
        That upstart Phil Barker won't fool us forever. Bring back Donald Featherston and Charles Grant and Airfix on line green individual bases......and average dice too😳
        2
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3d
Dave Madigan
Still got my 3rd edition....
2
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 3d
  • Tilman Dang
    Dave Madigan I thought we where a similar age ðŸ˜‰ I started with 6th in the 80ths....havent seen anything older than 5th from when is 3rd ?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Dave Madigan
    I think 3rd was mid-late 70's. Wayne Summers in Hamilton was a mentor when I was on a Post Office training course.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Rui Silva Pontes
    I started to play with 5th and then I used the 6th edition. I have the 6th edition rule book. Then I stoped playing for a long long long time. Then I resumed playing with ADLG V3.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
    • Edited
  • Robin Sutton
    I suspect, given the preponderance of shiney pates & rounded girths, I may not be the only one with a collection like this on the bookshelf . Nostalgia is the only reason they are still there
    No photo description available.
    2
    • Love
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Adrian Phillips
    Remember 3rd


No comments:

Post a Comment