Tuesday 6 July 2021

Call to Arms: Middle Imperial Romans - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 5 July 2021

Call to Arms
Assorted pictures from Call to Arms.
My Middle Imperials performed sub-optimally, however considering that it was the Emperors command that let the side down no questions will be asked in the Senate.
Anyway I had four great opponents in Alastair Donald, Benny, Keith, and Allen, thanks to you all and of course huge thanks to Paul for organising.
What I have learnt is that I’m very reliant on getting the terrain I want, and I don’t read terrain very well. Also don’t attack fortifications, or Blade which are uphill, and of course don’t throw 1’s when charged by Knights.

Against Allen’s Norse-Irish

Fighting Benny’s Egyptians at Marathon.

Getting stuck on Allen’s TF. Next time I’ll know how to deal with them

Ivan’s Middle Imperials at Hastings.



Hastings again.


Hastings. Knights sir, thousands of them!

Hastings, Romans taking the place of English on the ridge at Hastings. Was feeling very confident defending the ridge but the dice gods did not support me.

Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group Expert
Great to see you there, Dirk. I know what you mean about an army “performing sub-optimally”. I called mine a learning experience!
2
  • Like

No comments:

Post a Comment