Saturday 17 July 2021

For sale: Dailami (comments: No! Don't do it) - posted by Josh Barton, 14 July 2021

After a year without progress, and stalling on new projects until I get it done, I think it's time to admit defeat on the Dailami army.
I hope this is okay Vincent Cholewa but If anyone would like to buy it from me and pick up at Warlords, message me and give me a price 🙂
All Gripping beast
45 Ax(S)
22 Bw(O)
6 Lh(O)
1 El(O)
Baggage

  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group Expert
    +1
    All good, Josh, and good luck 👍
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • Alastair Duncan
    Wrong advice Vince. Rome wasn't built in a day.box them up and await a spring offensive....ps they look great
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
    • Michail Woolf
      Alastair Duncan look, a new army for you. 😜
      2
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Josh Barton
      Author
      Alastair Duncan normally I do, but these have been in a box for a year, and every time I think of starting a new army a voice in my head says 'finish the Dailami' and then I don't get anywhere!
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
      • John Edmundson
        Josh Barton A year! My Feudal Spanish can now muster 400ap after over 4 years (the oldest email reference I can find is asking about crossbowmen figures in June 2017) but I suspect the first significant order was at least a year or two before that. I'm happy I finally have them done :^)
Daniel Wade
I started my Ancient Britons in about 2013, perhaps I should give up?
1
  • Wow
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 3d
  • Neil Williamson
    I think this is a very sad and the wrong decision Josh.
    I got disheartened / fed up painting my Dacians. With a bit of advice from Peter, I gave it a break and painted something else. The break was easily 4 months. Finally, once I got my mojo back, i gave myself a target to get the army on the table for the Greytown Grandprix.
    The army is still not complete, i still have some Basternae to paint, but I have left it again and concentrating on other models.
    Your army is beautifully painted and looks absolutely great. It would be a real shame to flick it on after all the effort you have put in. I would just shelve it for a while and enjoy painting something else. Your motivation to paint a bit more of it will come back.
    Why not aim to finish 240ap and enter it into Recoil!? Plug plug.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • Ben Vartok
    Exceptional painting, detail on the tunics is amazing. You can sell but also nothing wrong with shelving and revisiting. My Vikings were over 7 years from start to finish with much stop start etc....,
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • Dirk Heinsius
    My later crusaders have been stalled for about 18 months now. Perhaps O just need to watch Kingdom of Heaven again.
    Don’t give up, or work out another army that they can be an ally for
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
    • Ben Vartok
      Dirk Heinsius Any excuse for that movie! Despite it's mash up of history and the lump of wood playing Balian it is a very good film. If you havn't already watch the Director's cut, much longer but more coherent and strangely less Legolas focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment