Tuesday 6 July 2021

Call to Arms: Best presented army, Later Polish - posted by Vince Cholewa, 5 July 2021

Call to Arms: Thank you so much to the group who selected the best presented army and chose my medieval Polish. When I got home, a culturally appropriate celebration was called for! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1840627079430209





  • JoAnn Tumbleston Jarman
    Really nice! I'm so happy for you!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Denis Grey
    Not sure why the Beatles are culturally appropriate choice, but I shan't argue.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • Vincent Cholewa
      Author
      Admin
      +1
      Denis Grey the Beatles were hugely popular in Poland in the 1960s. Poland was always much more connected to western Europe than was Russia and the USSR. There were Polish beatniks playing folk, pop bands etc. Also, my brother, who is eight years older… 
      See More
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 20h
      • Jason Hebron
        Vincent Cholewa somewhere I have my Soviet Beatles record as in a Beatles record released in the USSR
        1
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 17h
      • Denis Grey
        Vincent Cholewa. I have a friend called Paul, who is in his mid-fifties. I realized recently that his birthday falls on the feast of St Peter & St Paul, so I asked him if that was why his parents had chosen the name. Turns out his father was a massi… 
        See More
        1
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 11h
      • Denis Grey
        PS My wife actually saw the Beatles before they stopped touring.
        1
        • Wow
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 11h
      • Vincent Cholewa
        Author
        Admin
        +1
        Denis Grey a woman I worked with who is now retired was part of the screaming crowd of teenaged girls that blocked streets in Wellington outside the St George Hotel when the Beatles were staying there.
        1
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 11h
Andrew Norrie
You'll be pleased to know we have Zubrowka in Taiwan, although it can be a bit of a hunt to find it.
2
  • Like


No comments:

Post a Comment