Monday 5 July 2021

Decline and Fall - Posted by Peter Dunn, 27 June 2021

Going through the wardrobe this weekend, I found a copy of the WRG game "Decline & Fall". I bought it off eBay about 10 years ago - never had the funds to buy it as a teenager 🙂

Would there be any interest in having a game of this one weekend at the Warlords? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1835000689992848

Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group Expert
I remember Decline and Fall being one of THE games when I started wargaming - last century. If you said that to young people today they say, "I wasn't born then!" ðŸ˜‚
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1w
  • James Fahey
    I used to own a copy. There is a strategy for the Roman's which is hard to beat. Disband most of the western army immediately and build your bank balance instead
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Bruce Ferguson
    I recall playing it in the Upper Hutt Civil Defense rooms when the club was meeting there in the late 70's
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Dirk Heinsius
    A game for an evening session over a few beers. Let’s break out Kingmaker and Diplomacy as well ðŸ¤”
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Tilman Dang
    Count me in!
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Moodies  sticker
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Michael Stonyer
    I'd be keen to have a go. I still have my Original game, funded by my father circa' 1974. I'm still paying off the loan.
    1
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Kevin O'Kane
    Mr A J Duncan was a major enthusiast for this game - remember being recruited to be a barbarian from time to time
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Ted Snodgrass
    We played this at the Masterton Marauders courtesy of Neil Williamson not too long ago. Gives a surprisingly convincing account of collapse of Western Roman Empire considering how simple the mechanics are. Of course my fond view may be influenced by th… 
    See More
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Graham Starkey
    I'm keen to play
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1w
  • Neil Williamson
    Darren (Ted above) successfully kept the barbarians bickering with each other. He never faced a coordinated attack from them
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 6d
    • Tilman Dang
      Neil Williamson the secret of any empire, the chinese, roman and english. The failure to understand this delicacy is why no other people (germans, what a joke!) ever sustained rule over cultures different to their own. Assimilation doesnt work when you are a minority....
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 6d



No comments:

Post a Comment