Saturday 17 July 2021

For sale: Measuring sticks - posted by Geoff Pearson, 15 July 2021

25/28mm DBMM Rulers I do my 15mm 40mm wide MDF Rules but would you want them 60mm or 40mm wide for 28mm? Laser Craft Art

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1847629128730004

these are 60mm wide for 60mm 28mm

These are 40mm wide for 60mm 28mm
Frank LeSquirrel
We use 80mm frontages for DBA, DBMM & DBN.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 3d

Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group Expert
+1
Hi Geoff my apologies if my answer appears twice. Something odd happened to my previous attempt. I think it’s a feature of these newfangled interwebs!
Expanding on what I tried to say before, in NZ we use standard 60mm frontage for 25/28mm DBMM. This is a bit tight for the bigger modern figures. Where the figures simply do not fit on the base, people accomodate them with either deeper basses or one less figure per base.
I had 20 or so commemorative measuring sticks made for ValleyCon 2012. They proved very popular. I have not had more made since then.
Those sticks were 60mm (80p) wide and 300mm (400p) long. 80p intervals were marked as solid lines across the width of the sticks. 40p intervals were marked as short lines halfway between each interval and across the bottom and top.
I added a picture to my previous answer and that is what seemed to cause the problem posting. I will add it separately this time. If that does not work again, I can send you a pic in messenger ðŸ˜Š
2
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 3d
  • Edited


    • Vincent Cholewa
      Admin
      Group Expert
      +1
      No photo description available.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Vincent Cholewa
      Admin
      Group Expert
      +1
      Peter Dunn you were asking about measuring sticks. Geoff Pearson might be able to help.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Andy Tucker
      Hi Geoff
      Here in Christchurch the guys mainly use the same for 25mm or 28mm.
      I think 8cm fronts look better but the community have done 6cm as remnants of old systems.
      Therefore, a bunch of us have 28mm on 6cm fronts.
      This is actually good however, because when playing Basic Impetous and other games you can just group units in pairs as a unit for that system, but then can play ADLG or DBM vs 25mm guys
      Movement is generally the base width of most ancients game systems... not entirely sure of Dbmm but Vincent has already mentioned
      No photo description available.
      2
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
      • Edited
    • Alex Beer
      I use multiple 15mm figures on 60mm bases and I would definitely want 60mm rulers.
      2
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
      • Andy Tucker
        Looks way better having larger bases with many more smaller figures i agree
  • Geoff Pearson
    Author
    OK 60mm DBMM ruler set now in my eBay shop, should be available via NZ eBay at https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/lasercraftart/DBMM/_i.html...
    No photo description available.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    View 1 more reply


No comments:

Post a Comment