Saturday 26 September 2020

Hundred Years War English vs Sea Peoples - posted by Josh Barton, 26 September 2020

Game 1 of day 2 Recoil. English vs Richard's Sea Peoples. A bit of a nightmare matchup for Richard, bw(s) and bd(s) love bd(f). Given the numbers I had to refuse a flank, and having a BuA in my deployment helped no end there.
Richard's army trundled forward with him consistently getting high pips where he didn't need them and 1s in the command that needed to turn.
In response I got sufficient pips to create a kill-zone for the Bd(f) on my right... 4 vs 2, s vs f. Richard's first command broke before getting into combat.
The bd(o) in the centre did slightly better, getting into the bw and killing two bases. It was a forlorn hope however as the English knights counter-attacked, getting hard flanks and chewing through the command in a couple of turns.
On the left Richard was eventually able to turn before his army broke but the two elements of Irish kerns held up the entire command in the BuA, preventing it from achieving anything.
25-0 to me. I really feel for Richard, that was a nightmare matchup for him and the dice just salted the wound as I scaped through the few chances he had to kill elements and my shooting just carved through his fast troops.

Next up is Peter Noble's Minoans. No idea what to expect! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1621204971372422










badge icon
I agree, a nightmare for the Sea People they have lots of paper to counter HYW English scissors!
  • Like
  • Reply
  • 1d
  • Edited
  • badge icon
    Author
    Sadly it's not going to get much easier for him. He's got the Hussites next
    1
    • Sad
    • Reply
    • 1d


No comments:

Post a Comment