Sunday 13 September 2020

Hundred Years War English vs Hussites - posted by Josh Barton, 12 September 2020

Game 1 of recoil my English vs Mike's gorgeous hussites. It's always going to be a tough game since bw really don't like ww but the bd(s) should do okay, and if I can get the art shooting at them I might win.
The game started with Mike deploying on a hill. In response I refused a flank. The plan was to use my greater mobility to swing around with the Bd(s) anchored by a Bua and support them with bw to hopefully grind the wagons down
As it was my mixed commands slowed the wheel down so that me and Mike both moved st the same speed. This allowed his art(s) to set up and kill a sp(o) and my artillery in quick succession. My gum did spend a light horse.
Now it was up to the blade... but on my bound I rolled 3, 1, 1 on pips, preventing my line from making good contact, especially since I had pushed forward the turn before.
Mike's art(s) easily killed a bd(s) and the rest of the results were stick. Giving the Hussites another round of shooting.
They used this well, killing 2 more bd(s). The last combat was my one double overlapped bd(s) unable to recoil vs a WW... Mike doubled me and got an easy 25-0 victory.

Oh well another week another loss. I have two more games today and will post how they go. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1608708175955435/






100 year war English?
  • Like
  • Reply
  • 1d
Josh, your battle reports make me sad that you are sad. No doubt other people are also silently cheering on the plucky underdog!
3
  • Like
  • Reply
  • 1d
  • badge icon
    Author
    Thanks Nick. It's all good, I suppose losing makes the wins all the sweeter.
    I am thinking about taking a bit of time off though!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1d
  • Those HYW English have gunned down my Fatamid Egyptians, and my Early Imperial Romans. I have no f**king sympathy!
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1d


badge icon
Hang in there Josh there will be one of those, to mix metaphors (but at least from the same play), “Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!',“ and “we band of brothers” moments, soon.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • 1d



No comments:

Post a Comment