Sunday 13 September 2020

Hundred Years War English vs Khmer - posted by Josh Barton, 12 September 2020

Game three... Peter Williamson's Khmer (not rouge). Elephants and Aux on the same (read ideal) table as before.
I wasn't worried about the Aux but the elephants..7 of them including 2(x) is scary!
We both deployed on the same side of the river, I did a similar tactic as against Alistair. 0eter deployed his elephants next to the river and the Aux atop a hill. My blade and psiloi had the unenviable job of holding off the elephants while my bow cut through his aux.
The game started... well terribly. Peter's El(x) had 6 shots at my bd(s) and the dice were 6-1, 6-2, 4-1, 4-4, 6-1 and 6-1. So 4 dead blade and a broken command off the bat!
Things turned and how. Every bow shot killed an Aux and my artillery killed two elephants before getting overrun by psiloi. Things were in the balance with us both having a broken command and me 2 ME from defeat and still facing 5 Elephants!
Pete just needed to get into my spear with his elephant, or turn the (x)s to win. Instead Pete rolled three ones in a row for pips, causing his army to go impetuous and then stalling in front of my longbow... who duly 6-1d an elephant.
In desperation, with another 1 pip and a now disheartened command Peter charged his elephant general toward my spear. It didn't quite reach but a single longbow could shoot it in, it may be enough.
But then the longbow again 6-1d and killed the elephant general breaking the second and last command and giving me a 16-9 victory.
Well that was... ridiculous the number of 6-1s in shooting was obscene. Losing my blade command was hilarious because of how badly it went (I even lost a broken bd(s) to a ps(o) shattering the command) but then the longbow repaid the Khmer, seemingly unable to roll below a 5 and just cutting through everything in a few bounds.

A bizarre but fun Game!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1608869585939294/














 


No comments:

Post a Comment