Saturday 26 September 2020

Hundred Years War English vs Minoans - posted by Josh Barton, 26 September 2020

Game 5 of Recoil. Peter Noble's Minoans... there is never an easy game with Peter but I felt that I had a chance against Pk(i) and Kn(f). Still I wasn't confident and we jokingly suggested a 13-12 hand shake.
The game started with the two of us deployed on opposite corners. Peter shot up my left as I started wheeling around to face him. Peter hid behind a gentle hill as the English slowly repositioned.
Peter more seriously offered a draw, but I said no.
What followed was nearly an hour of two regular armies constantly repositioning and formation marching 450 paces away from each other.
Eventually getting tired of that I advanced. The bow and Bd(s) took the hill and cut down the knight chariots. The blade also began to scythe through the pike and I quickly disheartened two commands.
Peter struck back though and 6-1'd a general, disheartening a command. The Minoans were however 1 ME from breaking.
And then we ran out of time. Giving me the 13-12 victory we'd joked about, so two stressful hours to get the result we could have hand-shaked on. On the other hand, I had one more bound I would have won! But then that shows how well Peter stalled and delayed the game.

Peter is always fun to play, but my that was a hard game. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1621356301357289












No comments:

Post a Comment