Saturday 27 October 2018

Ptolemaic imitation legionaries - Russell Briant posted on 26 October 2018


Finished painting my Imitation Legionnaires in time to face Peter Noble on Saturday.
These are Warlord Games plastic Caesarean Roman Legionnaires with Victrix Macedonian cavalry heads.
I’m very happy with the combination.
Have based them on 30mm deep bases so they have an alternative use as Thorakitae.





Dirk Heinsius Very nice
Che Tibby nice - tbh i think all heavy foot should be on bigger bases. the rules haven't kept pace with size creep. my Etruscans are a nightmare of ill-fitting figures.
Vincent Cholewa The mercenary hoplite ally command in my Thracian army are all three to a base. I have left them 20mm deep but 30mm would work better.
Che Tibby i can squeeze them on sideways easily enough, it's the extended shields and spears that's an issue :/
Vincent Cholewa Che Tibby I made the mistake when I first painted my Seleucids of having the piles lowered in a fighting position. Absolutely hopeless trying to line up rear ranks and close with enemy. I ended up converting them all to pikes raised and then had to repaint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment