Sunday 26 March 2023

28mm Reg Ax(O): three or four to a base? Asked by Phil Gates, 24 March 2023

I'm about to start basing some Greek auxilia, Reg Ax(O).

Question - three figures or four figures to a base, what do people prefer? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2318535111639401/

  • Dirk Heinsius
    I do all auxilia as 3 per base. Regulars will all have some defining uniform, i.e. shield pattern or tunic colour. Irregulars will be completely random
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    I based my 25/28mm hoplites three to a base.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Andrew Bennetts
    I'm a bit old school and prefer Reg Ax 4 to a base but it really depends on the size and pose of the figures - for large, action poses 4 to a base is not always practical.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    • Edited
    • Vincent Cholewa
      Admin
      Group expert
      Andrew Bennetts that's what I found with my hoplites. With the figures being way over-sized to be called 25mm, the big shileds made it impossible to fit four to a base without some very odd positioning.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
      • Edited
  • Ben Vartok
    Three....I like the way they look on the larger base. And as people above have pointed out action poses tend to predominate for Ax so four is a bit crowded. Even for close order foot I sometimes go with three is active poses.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    • Edited
  • W.J. Watts
    Irregulars 3 per base, regulars 4 per base. Easy to differentiate, it's how I've done my greeks & woemans.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Andreas Johansson
    I’ve mostly stuck to 4 for Reg Ax and 3 for Irr.
    Only exception is some Reg AxS that are dismounted Cv where I wanted to keep the same number of figures on the base in either form.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • John van den Hoeven
    What's regular auxilia,I only know irregular 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment