Sunday 20 March 2022

Wellington Warlords' 50th anniversary - posted by Vince Cholewa, 17 March 2022

Wellington Warlords 50 years old today! A wonderful achievement, congratulations to all involved.
The first meeting was on St Patrick’s Day, 17 March 1972 at Paul Stairs house. The first members were Antony Dennehy, Paul Graham, Richard Graham, Michael Mirfin, John Petritakis, Paul Stairs, Mark Stevens and Gary Vignaux, and they played an American Civil War game.

We would love you to comment on this post about how you joined the Warlords, playing there and any other reflections about the club. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2024201844406064

  • Vincent Cholewa
    Author
    Admin
    +1
    Early in 1979 I arrived at St Luke’s Church Hall where the Warlords were meeting then. I walked into a warm welcome from Paul Graham, who later that day loaned me a copy of the WRG horse and musket rules I could use for my Airfix Napoleonic army, thank… 
    See more
    6
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 4d
  • Dave Madigan
    I was a member of the Nelson Wargames club and then the Guarde du Corps. Also in the '70's and '80's we would visit Wellington to play various games. I played Gush vs Richard and Michael. I think my Wellington Warlords Tee shirt lasted until the late '80's.
    2
    • Love
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • John Dods
    Happy Birthday Wellington Wargames Section
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • John Dods
    Club raids and later on trips to conventions
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • John Dods
    Been racking my brain when did I join. Finally worked it out either 1975 or 76. St Lukes Hall. Started with Airfix Ancient Britons, but soon moved to imported figs. Dirk Heinsius did a nice job of my nude Boudica in a chariot.
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d



No comments:

Post a Comment