Monday 10 January 2022

Dannevirke: Build that wall! Posted by Josh Barton, 8 January 2022

Playing around with list and I noticed that the Danes in 3:40 can take the Dannevirke (FW). Looking at the rules is there anything stopping it from stretching from one side of the board to another (reliably) and the Danish army being deployed across all 8 ft of the table?

Not suggesting that this be done, but it seems like a way to shut out any opponent in a tournament, and I was just wondering if I understand FWs correctly 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/


Dirk Heinsius
A few points to consider:
1. You actually need enough troops to defend the entire length
2. If you can actually manage to achieve point 1. You are still vulnerable to flank marches.
3. Artillery could be a problem.
4. You need to pay points for 8 feet of PF at 10 AP per foot, not including gates.
5. If you’re the attacker you lose the wall.
6. Finally and most importantly, you need to actually build a NICE looking frontier wall.
Other than that no problem 😁
1
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 2d
  • Josh Barton
    Author
    aaah the cost I wasn't aware of, okay yeah that makes it less of a 'might as well just take it in case I'm the defender'.
    Defending it seems pretty easy though given that you only need 40 elements for 1 element deep and that's 160ap of Irr Bd(I)
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
    • Dirk Heinsius
      Josh Barton you’ll also end up with a lot of draws
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Josh Barton
      Author
      yeah you would. Hence why I wouldn't use it. I was just wondering if it worked as I thought
      • Like


No comments:

Post a Comment