Monday 3 June 2019

On the painting table, Middle Imperial Romans - posted by Michael Stonyer, 3 June 2019

A rider from the Ordinary Light Horse wearing Lorica Hamata . I'm just finishing eight elements of these guys. Only the shields and Flock to go. They are all manufactured by A&A Miniatures.
  • Vincent Cholewa Great work, Stony. It shows up beautifully in macro photos 📷
    1
  • John van den Hoeven Ready for Call to Arms i hear Mike.
    1
  • Dirk Heinsius I still hate you :-) I thought my figures were looking good, and then you do this!
  • Dirk Heinsius What year are you aiming for, Late Middle Imperial, or Early Late Imperial?
  • Michael Stonyer Hey Dirk,
    1
  • Michael Stonyer I'm aiming to create the Roman Army of the later part of third century at the point where the Army was forced to evolve. Based on my reading of the likes of Gibbons, The Notitia Dignitatum, Goscinny and of course Uderzo , this will allow me a much wider range of the traditional and modern Roman equipment and dress styles adopted by the Mobile Field Armies and Border troops.
    3
  • Michael Stonyer After a 28 year sojourn from this Sport of Gentlemen I have arrived back in a "Golden Age" of War Gaming Miniatures, so I want to include as many as possible into what is normally seen as a pretty conservative looking Army .
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1h
  • Dirk Heinsius I'm slowly working on the same. I've been reading up on Aurealian
    1
  • Michael Stonyer A big fan of Aurealian. The really positive side of this period is we have fifty-one emperors to choose from.😂😂
    1
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • 1h
An Officer of the Fast Light Horse

Another member of the Ordinary Light Horse

An Ordinary Light Horseman, with Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat. I should finish their shields in the next few days.

The Fast Light cavalry, I finished them last night. This is the first time rider and horse have been united

Vincent Cholewa At last, a horse, a horse my kingdom for horse 🐎




No comments:

Post a Comment