Monday 13 September 2021

Normans vs Fatimid Egyptians - posted by Julian Hannan, 12 September 2021

Thanks Keith V Trye for my first DBMM game in 20 odd years. I proved that bad dice is a cross-game issue 🙂 A summary would be that my knights charged themselves into long bloody smears on the ground, the rest of the army then shook their heads and signed up for Egyptian language lessons. (Keith used stand in figures to represent Fatimid Egyptians)

Two Generals lost in combat. I used them, and lost them! Hoping that when my Victrix Normans arrive the correct figures can affect the outcome. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1890533141106269/


Allen Yaxley
Nice to see you playing DBMM Julian. 👏
2
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1d
Russell Briant
So you were Norman’s v KVTs Fatimids?
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1d
  • Julian Hannam
    Author
    Russell Briant yes, he used whatever his voluminous trays of figures passed a simple language test. His CvS managed to nail Knights. I even lost a general to BdX clubbing their helmets in.
    2
    • Like
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    +1
    Hey Julian great to see you getting into playing DBMM. You won’t be disappointed with your Victrix toys, they are nice figures 😊
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • Edited
  • Alastair Mundell
    You will forever be starved of PIP's!
    1
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 10h
  • Philip Gates
    Usually best to avoid throwing Knight Fragile generals into combat.
    3
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 7h
    • Vincent Cholewa
      Admin
      +1
      A guide I have suggested (but never really tested) is to use generals as they would behaved historically. For example, my hoplite general (mercenary ally for my Thracians) fights in the front rank, while my Roman generals certainly do not. Did Norman generals lead from the front? I acutally don't know.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 7h


No comments:

Post a Comment