Monday 6 September 2021

Multplayer game planned: East vs West, there's only one true Caesar! Posted by Peter Dunn, 4 September 2021

Calling all Patricians and Late Roman-curious.
Once we revert to suitable Alert Levels, I was keen to organise a large multiplayer testing the might of the East against the failing decadence of the West.
The intent was to have a game for 6-8 players (each running a Command or Ally) that pits the two halves of the Empire against each other. Ideally, these will be single list armies drawn from Book 2, List 82. Looking at the list each of the combatants can likely raise 800 points through larger commands and allies.
Looking at my own collection I can raise 600+ points and I am sure that there are at least 2-3 other armies out in the Wellington region.
Flexible about venue. Happy to run at one of the two Wellington region clubs or I can host at mine on a suitably sized table. The advantage having me hosting is that there is an espresso machine within arm's length and a BBQ on the deck for lunchtime break.
Timing would be once normality is somewhat restored and to fit around other DBMM commitments at the various clubs.
Keen to know who would be interested in participating and what armies are out there.....allies too are very important so those with Franks, Huns, Goths, Alans and Arabs would all be welcome.

Do you have what it takes to wear the Purple? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1884619505030966/

  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    A great idea Pete. There’s only one true Caesar!
    I don’t have these armies but I have some Khazar and Gothic friends in my Hinchcliffe Byzantine armies.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 3d
  • Dirk Heinsius
    Love the idea, although my Romans are a century earlier at 296 AD
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • John Edmundson
    It's days like this I wish I lived in Wellington . . .
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Neil Williamson
    My Hun are available to either East or West. Or maybe both? Highest bid secures.
    Roughly 260ap.
    Great idea Pete.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Gary Lewis
    I can do Western ðŸ™‚
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2d
  • Michael Stonyer
    I can make up a command of Late looking Romans from my troops from the mid to late 3rd Century equipped with "Spangenhelms" and Composite/Ridge helmets.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 23h
    • John Edmundson
      Michael Stonyer If they don't have three tall feathers on their helmets and a small bronze square over their chests they're late Romans :^)
      1
      • Haha
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 22h
    • Michael Stonyer
      Only the occasional white feather has been recommended for my 3rd Century lot
David Kinzett
I have ~500AP of late/patrician
1
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 15m

No comments:

Post a Comment