Saturday 20 April 2019

NatCon: Ptolemaic vs Sumerian - posted by Russell Briant 19 April 2019

Game two, day one, NZ NatCon. After having a sit down lunch with Peter Noble we got back to the hall to find we were, as the kids might say, versing each other.
Peter made now race of it and his list one, book one, Sumerian army broke mine in a little more than three hours for a 25-0 win.
I did make an art of throwing ones in combat (so, because the stats gods are real, my opponents tomorrow are in for me rolling sixes all day). Later on it infected my pip rolls too.
I again played like an inert general though, providing insufficient support for my knights, allowing them to be flanked.
Thanks for the game Peter.

Vincent Cholewa Many thanks for the pics, Russell. Better luck today 👍 🎲 🍀

Peter looking happy (which to be fair, he usually does).

Reserves moving to my centre. Too little, too late.

Heavy combat in my brand new rocky flat ground.

Pikes underemployed, perhaps tired after a lot of early game manoeuvring to avoid facing the fierce warband.

Nice side shot featuring my new sea an rocky foreshore.


No comments:

Post a Comment