Friday 19 April 2019

From Sue Laflin-Barker: DBMM is now on LULU - posted by Vince Cholewa, 16 April 2019

Hi all
Sue Laflin-Barker has asked me to let you know that:

"My partners in WRG have finally agreed to publish DBMM as a paperback using LULU. So I’ve converted it to US Letter size instead of A4 and also increased the print size to make it easier to read. This means more pages, but not too many.
"I’ve now published it and you can get it direct from LULU or via our websites (mine is www.wrg.me.uk which is less to type) but it’s taking a very long time to appear on Amazon. I’d like players to know about this, because we are selling it at £15 a copy and the copies currently advertised on Amazon are much more."
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1179309332228657/

Denis Grey Vince. A word of caution. The DBA rules have just made a similar transition and it appears that there are at least two points where words have been omitted from the Lulu version of the text. In both cases, the effect is to change the way the rule plays. Neither is a game-breaker, but not great.
1
  • Vincent Cholewa Denis Grey many thanks for the feedback. I will let Sue know. Can you tell me where the omissions are?
  • Denis Grey The two of which I am aware are both in the second paragraph of the section headed "FLEEING" on p12 of the hardback version. The missing words are "and lines up" in the first line and "except marsh" in the last. However, this is simply what I have picked up from discussion on the Facebook group. I haven't done a line by line analysis and there may be other omissions.
    1
  • Vincent Cholewa Denis Grey thank you. I will forward that feedback ðŸ˜Š
  • Denis Grey Seems a roundabout way to get the info to her, but whatever works, I guess. The joys of the internet, eh?
    1
  • Vincent Cholewa Denis Grey you are welcome to send feedback directly to Sue.
  • Denis Grey Might make more sense - and she's used to me nit-picking. (I found a mistake in her "Start Ancient Wargaming".)

    Edit: Just e-mailed her
    1
  • Vincent Cholewa Denis Grey I can't imagine Sue seeing you as "nit-picking". You are too positive in your attitude to our hobby for that ðŸ™‚
  • Denis Grey Thanks, Vince. Just had a reply from Sue telling me it's been fixed.
    1
  • Vincent Cholewa Denis Grey that’s great news ðŸ˜Š

Kelly Gay Great idea...
1

No comments:

Post a Comment