Monday 22 April 2019

NatCon: Hundred Years War English - posted by Josh Barton, 21 April 2019

Soon to be fine bodies of men: some lessons from my first DBMM tournament with my English 100YW
So firstly, despite an ear infection I had a blast, both regarding the games and the company. Beyond that there were a couple of really big things I learned about that game, the biggest one was rough terrain = good for Bow/Blade, difficult terrain = bad. I made several stupid decisions and looking back on them they all basically come from my mindset of thinking about difficult terrain as rough terrain+. In reality though they are two different beasts, and I should stop putting down woods against Ax!
The second one is that warband are terrifying. A cheap, 1/2 ME troop that can kill 3 - 4 ME in a single bound? No thanks! This really is the bad match-up for my army, and add impetus for me to get my Kn(I) painted up.
I was able to get wins against Medieval French and Anglo-Irish, so really, what more could Edward III hope for?
(ps. sorry if I made anyone sick)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1182721001887490/

Vincent Cholewa Difficult terrain can definitely also be HYW English friend. When we played a month ago the woods you put down stopped my cavalry, light horse and peltasts manoeuvring around your flanks. Difficult terrain is good flank protection.














No comments:

Post a Comment