Wednesday 2 February 2022

Small terrain, Cumins and painting glasses - posted by Vince Cholewa 30 January 2022

What I have been working on: Small terrain pieces, all difficult going, hills, marsh, woods, vineyards; and a couple of elements of Cumans for my medieval Polish army.
My painting glasses are in the background on my table. During my regular eye test I told the optician I was finding it hard to paint - I wear glasses with progressive lenses. The optician said my prescription did not need to change but it was impossible to have progressive lenses that can have a focal length ranging from driving to close work like painting toy soldiers. She suggested specific glasses for painting. She was right! Much easier 😊

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/1991442507681998/




    • John Garvey
      Yes, I have a pair of reading glasses, ostensibly for “computer work”, but really for painting.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Julian Hannam
      Can’t see the wood for the trees?
      1
      • Haha
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • John Edmundson
      Cool. Terrain making is fun. I have progressive lenses too and, while I have to confess that my prescription does need a slight change, for years I've been taking my glasses off to paint, and even to read.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Andrew Bennetts
      I have a similar problem but, for some time, have been using a hobby magnifier on a stand, complete with built in lighting. Its a great way to show up how bad my painting can be😉
      3
      • Haha
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 3d
    • Mark Caunter
      I use both a magnifier and glasses, and still have problems painting!
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Neil Crossley
      So much fun doing a bit of terrain for a change.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Ben Vartok
      Looking good and will enhance the table
      . Was it Pizza night as well?
      1
      • Haha
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 2d
    • Russell Briant
      I wonder how your eyes (or optician) differ from mine? I am on to my third generation of progressive glasses by which I do close up painting (much) and driving (less)?
      Nice terrain plotting.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 20h
      • Vincent Cholewa
        Author
        Admin
        +1
        The idea of the small terrain pieces is untried by me but comes from a conversation with Pedagogue Et Al (a.k.a. Wayne). The cunning plan is to choose small terrain features that are placed as early as possible to block big pieces of difficult or rough… 
        See more
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 19h




No comments:

Post a Comment