Monday 20 May 2024

Where to get extruded polystyrene for hills? Asked by Josh Barton, 19 May 2024

Where are people getting extruded polystyrene from for hills? last couple of times I've popped to Bunnings and Mitre10 they've not had any 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2593209764171933

Tyrone Snell-Scasbrook
You can order XPS foam from Placemakers. But by the sheet only. Hope this helps
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
2
Active
Josh Barton replied
 
1 Reply
Mark Muir
Try the dump shop or recycling..I never pay anything for scenery or building materials..
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
John Edmundson
Rising contributor
I've used softboard ceiling tiles that I've removed from, well, my ceiling (an actual renovation project, not demolishing the house for materials to support the hobby . . .) Based on 3mm mdf, they're obviously heavier than foam or polystyrene but quite resilient. I cut the centres out to make them lighter and, happily, use for another smaller hill :^)
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Philip Gates
Rising contributor
ETSY, Mighty Ape, is where I got my last two lots I think. Search modeling Styrofoam
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Philip Gates
Rising contributor
Or was it Temu?
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Graham Starkey
If you are still looking I have a sheet here, free to a good home. It is about 1200mm x 600mm X 30mm
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Graham Starkey replied
 
2 Replies
9h
Jonathan Carryer
I just keep the packing whenever I buy a TV, piece of furniture or major home appliaance. I don't buy these things often but I've never run out of material for terrain


No comments:

Post a Comment