Sunday 7 August 2022

What did Gascon and/or Basque light cavalry look like? Asked by John Moher, 5 August 2022

Help with Gascon and/or Basque Light Cavalry Appearance: Hi all, just in the process of rebasing my Carolingian Army (from Dux Bellorum) to DBMM basing and I am looking to add a little Gascon or Basque Light Horse - HOWEVER all my books (3-4 Carolingian & Merovingian history books plus the relevant Ospreys) are packed away in boxes from moving house and inaccessible at present - and I can't find anything online with Google (images or text) other than some 15mm figs (Baueda) where the detail is not very clear. AFAIK they were unarmoured, Javelins & Darts for weapons, supposedly long hair and bushy beards, and may have sometimes worn the ubiquitous soft floppy caps of the period. The 15mm figs suggest shields. But don't know if they had full length trousers or shorter ones (given region/climate), were barefoot or shoes, or if they had swords or wore light armour? Any help gratefully accepted. 🙂

P.S. pic is a few of my figs pre-rebasing. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2130507437108837


Ben Vartok
Benny has Carolingians from memory, he might know?! Oh and just so you know Al Donald and I were discussing/coveting your Minoan army today. Though I actually have one now so less coveting from me. Used it aganist Al's Spartans and lost, ok got smashed.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 9h



No comments:

Post a Comment