Sunday 14 August 2022

Any changes likely to DBMM 2.1? Asked by John Moher, 8 August 2022

Hi all - what's the state of DBMM version 2.1 - is this expected to be the current edition for a while still, or given its about 6 years old (if I am correct) is there likely to be an updated edition in near future? Likewise the army list books too? And what's the difference between the 2016 and what appears to be a 2019 edition (is it just the Lulu print on demand thing)? Appreciate any enlightenment - been away from DBMM since about 2014 so lost touch with the edition history, etc. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2132681696891411/



      • John Gildea
        I’m doubtful there would be any update to this version. I think as Phil is now quite elderly I have the impression he is not planning any more rules versions. There are some detailed commentary and interpretive docs around. I think it’s great as it is though
        3
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d
        • John Moher
          Author
          Thanks John - that's what I was suspecting... Is the errata for the rulebook and army lists and the commentary/interpretation documents collated somewhere?
          • Like
          • Reply
          • Share
          • 6d
      • John Moher
        Author
        Also was there much change to army lists from the original 2007-2009 edition ones?
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d
        • Neil Williamson
          John Moher I have not found many alterations. I have the old books 1 and 3. When I want to build an army I just get someone to send a photo or I check with an up to date book at the club.
          • Like
          • Reply
          • Share
          • 6d
      • John Gildea
        I think the commentary and errata are in DBMM group files?From memory some lists had a few changes from the first editions. Likely other people on this group will know more
        2
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d
      • John Gildea
        If I can find links to the docs I’ll post the here
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d
      • John Edmundson
        There were a couple of lists that seemed to introduce Bw(x)/Bw(i) DBEs. They were fixed - now Bw(x)/Bw(o) I believe. Not much else.
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d
      • Vincent Cholewa
        Admin
        Group expert
        The commentary is in the files section of this FB group. It is a series of clarifications and explanations, not an errata. It does not change the rules ðŸ˜Š
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 6d


No comments:

Post a Comment