Monday 26 August 2019

Club day at the Hutt Valley Miniature Wargaming Club - posted by Allen Yaxley, 24 August 2019

Club day at the Hutt. 5 DBMM games
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1269230043236585/

Craig played Michail
Misha Speed I know that guy

Gary played “machine gun” Josh

My Greeks.

More of my Greeks. I played Paul.
John Way Are those Sp(O) mounted on 30mm deep bases?
  • Dirk Heinsius John Way, You can calm down, they're Auxilia :-)
  • John Way bugger
  • Kelly Gay It's a good idea though. Narrow bases are a pain!
    1
  • John Way Also my samurai blade are on 30mm for DBR and thay are the very animated Dixons so loath to rebase
  • Kelly Gay Yes, narrow bases make it hard to fit figs on. Any spear poses not standing 'at attention' doesn't really work at all. Even double based feels very tight. John, does that mean for are abandoning DBR for DBMM?
  • John Way nope
  • Dirk Heinsius I don't think that anyone on the DBMM community would object to your bases
  • Dirk Heinsius Except perhaps for stylish reasons :-D

Allen Yaxley No. They are auxiliary(s). 
Not very good against spear usually. ðŸ¥º
  • Kelly Gay Effective looking army. Allen, have you ever considered using a wash on flesh?
  • Allen Yaxley I tried it years ago and made a mess of it. I am trying it with the Vikings to match what I am painting to others I have purchased. 
    Though I am very humbled by some of what’s out there. 
    The likes of yourself, Dirk, Che, Rob Curry and Russell set standards that I Am in awe of ðŸ¤©. But I always give them the best basing/tufting that I can and that usually lifts the figures somewhat.
  • Kelly Gay I think your armies look good. Always consistent in appearance and basing. Basing is so important, I really need to do more there myself. If you are interested, especially with armies with alot of skin showing, try a brown-black wash. Then just touch up the high points with the original colour (or highlight if you want to go mad). Don't do weapon so much. There are a number of products on the market GW, Army painter etc. I suspect if you give it a go, you will find it quite easy and like the result as your current painting style would lend itself well to that approach. On the other hand...it depends if you want to spend the extra time! In any case, like the look of these Greeks particularly.
    2
  • Allen Yaxley Army painter is the product of choice for the Vikings.
Graeme played Peter.

Alastair played John



1 comment:

  1. My WOTR English are on 30mm bases. It matters naught until expanding from column

    ReplyDelete