Sunday 18 August 2019

Call to Arms: Carthaginians vs Kushans and Huns - posted by Allen Yaxley, 4 August 2019

Day two at CTA. Played Craig’s Kushans and Neil’s Huns.
Thanks Paul for a great convention .
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1255304284629161/


My Carthaginians against Neil’s Huns.🙀

Against Craig’s Kushans.🙀

  • Dirk Heinsius Yes thanks to Paul for a great couple of days. Enjoyed every game immensely, even the Varian Disaster in the last round.
  • Allen Yaxley Question about Neil’s impressed shipping arrival on my flank. 🥺
    Impressive use of the rules by the way Neil.
    If I line myself up on the beach do we fight him as disembarked or as naval still embarked. I fled his arrival thinking that was good but now think I should have rushed him. 🙀
  • Neil Williamson Yes you should have rushed me.
    I arrive disembarked in difficult going. You could have lined up on the beach and I'd have had to fight you as I landed and then again on your turn - In difficult going and potentially with no recoil. Or you could have ju
    See More
    1
    • Allen Yaxley i had not given the flank March any thought either. 
      My question was really about using the 5 pips I had available on my turn to deploy on the beach edge , thus referring to page 28. Point three. An element can not disembark where enemy land troops are in contact with the waters edge in which case must be fought by the naval element?
      Does impressed shipping mean there is no naval element so this doesn’t apply?
    • Neil Williamson The references are pg 10 (4th bullet) pg 22, pg 31
      I don't think that pg 28 applies as it states on page 31 that elements are placed disembarked and pg 10 states there are no models. Pg 31 also states that any troops in the way are moved back to make room.
      1
    • Neil Williamson I just browsed the DBMM forum to double check what I've read in the rules and also stumbled across this.
      You can combine a naval invasion with impressed shipping. So if you don't like the idea of your general becoming spent (or a few other key elements
      See More
      2
    • Vincent Cholewa Neil Williamson while Huns might not have invented boats they may we’ll have stolen them!
    • John van den Hoeven Have the CTA results been published anywhere?
    • John van den Hoeven No one know anything about the results?
    • Allen Yaxley John van den Hoeven Paul has the results. 👍
    • John van den Hoeven Has he released them anywhere 🤔
    • Michael Stonyer Hullo, I'm very keen to know the final CTA results
    • Allen Yaxley Paul has the results. 🤩

No comments:

Post a Comment