Wednesday 14 August 2019

Arabs on the painting table - posted by John Way, 16 July 2019

Greetings Ancient ones. I bought enough gripping beast Arabs to make a 400AP DBR Omani army. When done it will be (in DBMM base sizes) 24 x Bd (F), 9 LH, 3x Cv generals, 5-6 Cv, 12 Ps (bows and javelins), 3x Cm (F), 2x Gal(F). What Ancient Arab-ish army can I morph from this ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1242076889285234/

  • Neil Williamson I would look at any of the Arab lists to start with.
    Book 2/23 looks a pretty good match (Later pre-islamic arab) and there are several in book 3.
    1
  • Allen Yaxley The blade can be Auxiliary, same size base.
  • John Way I am surprised there is no DBMM list that leads into either the Arab or Mahgrebi DBR lists- unless ther is and I missed it
    • John Edmundson Islamic Berbers go to 1529AD if you don't use them as Murabit (Almoravid). Quite a bit of what John has would work for that list (the (too many) Bd as Ax, the LH, Ps, Gal(f)). I don't know what Cm(f) are based like in DBR but the Islamic Berbers are alSee More
      1
Dirk Heinsius For most of the Arab lists you will need more Cv.
Kharwarij would perhaps be a start. It's a subset of Arab Conquest and is almost all Wb(F) and Kn(F) for which you can use your Blade and Cav.
  • John Way Yes I looked at the Krazy K's. but I would need 1/1 WB and Kn
  • John Way Thanks everyone. I seem to recall there was some araby army with shedloads of Ax(s) which I thought started with A
  • John Edmundson Almost, 'Buyid or other Dailami Dynasties' starts with B. It has 20-45 Reg Ax(S), a few LH and can have quite a few Cv and some interesting allies. And its Ps can support the Ax.
  • Allen Yaxley That might be correct, I played your Romans with a certain auxiliary based army with 16 cv(s) ðŸ¥º
  • John Edmundson That could be the very same . . .
    • Allen Yaxley John Edmundson do you and Aaron know each other ?
    • John Edmundson If he lived in Christchurch years ago it's possible but, not wishing to offend, I have a memory for names less sieve like than tube like . . . :-(
    • Allen Yaxley Ok I thought you and he both lived there and both play DBMM?
      Looking for South Island players for next years team event if it goes ahead.
    • John Edmundson I am in CHCH. I just haven't been active at the club lately, but meaning to change that. My armies are all 15mm however.
      1
Paul MacQuibban Early Arab conquest has the large numbers of foot Muslim Swordsman though Bd (O). list 25 in Book 3.
Allen Yaxley Buyids. Book 3. Heaps of auxiliary (s) Cavalry (s) light horse and a few kns(I).🤩
2
  • John Way Yes! how can one not love an army with Zabzab boats, Indian Zott mercenaries and of whom it was said " In addition, in order to prevent tensions between the Shia and the Sunnis from spreading to government agencies, the Buyid amirs occasionally appointed Christians to high offices instead of Muslims from either sect"
    2

No comments:

Post a Comment