Sunday 7 April 2024

How many figures on a double-based wedge of kataphraktoi? Asked by Luke Inglis, 8 April 2024

{{If this is not the sort of topic for this forum, do let me know and I will delete.}}
Possibly stupid question warning.
As I wait impatiently for my rulebook and army list to arrive in the mail, could someone talk me through basing Kataphraktoi? I have chosen to field Nikephorian Byzantine (3/64) and the Kataphraktoi are "double based" and "wedge".
From the description it should be "as a wedge with the 2 front row figures armed with mace, 2 archer figures in the middle of the rear row and 2 lancer figures on its flanks"

So am I correct in thinking that I need a W60mm x D80mm base with 2 figs, 3 figs and 4 figs , 3 rows deep? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2564560033703573/

Barry Norris
My read of this is two figures in the front element (maces) and 4 in the back (lance, bow, bow, lance). But that may not be practical for 28mm figures. As long as it's clearly a double-based element of cataphracts in wedge, I wouldn't worry. I picked up some recently that are mounted on 120mm deep bases as two wedges - that looks fine on table. And the figures would not fit on anything smaller or in a different config.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Luke Inglis replied
 
1 Reply
8m
Barry Norris
And BTW I think this is a perfectly good question for this forum.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
2
MarkMark Mark
2 and 4 is what I use
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
2
Luke Inglis
Author
MarkMark Mark Thanks, taking two replies as table top consensus.
  • Haha
  • Reply
  • Share
Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group expert
+1
Luke Inglis two wargamers and one opinion? Unheard of!


No comments:

Post a Comment