Monday 23 November 2020

Recommendation sought for generously proportioned Assyrians - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 23 November 2020

Can anyone recommend any more "generous" Assyrian figures available. I'm looking for Assyrians that may be size compatible with Victrix. I seem to recall the old Hinchcliffe figures were fairly generous but memory does play funny tricks 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1673867906106128/

Dirk Heinsius
 For my Assyrians I used both Warlord and Old Glory infantry. Warlord for the blokes in armour, Old Glory for the unarmoured spearmen. Warlord are distinctly not chunky, but the Old Glory lads have a little more meat on their bones. Whether they're in the same league as the Victrix figures - probably not.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 18h
  • Author
    Craig Mabon
     any pics?
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 18h
  • Dirk Heinsius
     I have some but I'm not sure how much relative scale you can gain from these shots. Actually my memory is playing tricks - my armoured spearmen are also Old Glory - the armoured archers are Warlord.
    No photo description available.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 18h
  • Dirk Heinsius
     And here's the unarmoured infantry where both the spearmen and the archers are Old Glory.
    Image may contain: one or more people and shoes
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 18h
  • Author
    Many thanks, they might work.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 18h
  • I'll be using them in person this Sunday at the Club Challenge event hosted by the 
    Masterton Marauders
    , should you wish to travel over the Hill for a look.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 17h
badge icon
I have not seen Hinchcliffe Assyrians but have Hinchcliffe Byzantines. The Byzantine range is not compatible with modern 28mm, which are much bigger .
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 18h
  • Author
    Vincent Cholewa
     Yeah, agreed, but I seem to recall that the Assyrians were much bigger that the Byzantines
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 17h
  • Author
    I've found an old Hinchcliffe chariot crewman in my "archive" box, and he's chunky enough but alas too short.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 17h
  • badge icon
    Dirk Heinsius
     they must be by a different designer to the Byzantines, which are definitely not chunky.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 17h

No comments:

Post a Comment