Monday 23 November 2020

For sale: Victrix unarmoured hoplites - posted by Josh Barton, 22 November 2020

does anyone want a couple of boxes of victrix unarmoured hoplites (a few assembled). I brought them for my Greeks before realising that there's no way you can fit them on a 60x20 base (you have been warned!). They can probably fit on a 60 x 30 base if anyone is planning an Ax army... 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1673211159505136/


Or you could be flexible with the basing depth ðŸ˜‰. I know I am!
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1d
  • Having typed that the next edition of the rules will probably be out before I get my army finished. ðŸ˜‚
    1
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • badge icon
    Author
    haha, normally I would be, but with 38 bases of hoplites already on 20mm depths I don't think it'll work!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • Edited
  • badge icon
    Author
    Bede Bailey
     It'll still look amazing though!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Or, on a 60 x 40 base, double depth
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • I am about to rip figures off 60 x 20 bases and double depth them.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
    • Philip Gates
       Would a few optional Sp DBEs work well for hoplites? It's an interesting thought.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 1d
    • John Edmundson
       I have my Carthaginian Spearmen as 2/3 doubles, 1/3 singles. I form them in 3 ranks, single elements in the front followed by a double. Death of a single supplies 'change' should a double element take casualties. Works pretty well. I use a similar system for my Celtic warbands.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 1d
    • I do the same with the Anglo Saxons - a double base with 7 figs with a single base behind.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 18h
    • Gary Lewis
       I have Celts in the pipeline as well as Meroitic Kushites so this bears thinking more about.
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 16h
    • works for me
      Image may contain: outdoor
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 15h
I’d be keen on some to add to my Persians as auxilia
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1d

No comments:

Post a Comment