Monday 18 May 2020

Royal Mameluks - posted by Dirk Heinsius, May 2020

First of the Royal Mameluks. Taken me 2 days, and I'm still not completely happy. Shield still to do 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1503327199826867/

Mark Mikesell Very nice! Which company did you buy the miniature from?
Kelly Gay What are you not happy with Dirk?
  • Dirk Heinsius Kelly Gay The decorations on the horse looked fine with my painting glasses on, bur are somewhat irregular under magnification. Still no one will notice on the tabletop
  • Kelly Gay Well, I think it looks great, but I suspect the fuzziness is from the dual colour. Maybe try single colour spot, or, a single spot, with surrounding colours (like a flower). Or a single larger spot of colour and a small internal spot. I think you will get the best effect with strong contrast. Depends on how much of your life you want to spend painting spots!
    2
  • Dirk Heinsius Kelly Gay already sick of it after 1, only 35 to go 😭
  • Kelly Gay Thats alot of dots!!!
  • Dirk Heinsius 2 down 34 to go. Also have to work out different colours and patterns for each one
    Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
    3
  • Michael Stonyer Glorious work, really nice
  • Kelly Gay I recon Dirk will have gone nuts by number 22. Anyone else got a prediction?😁
    1
  • Dirk Heinsius Kelly Gay I’ll put money on 15, i.e. one element over half way
  • Kelly Gay Well, now I thnk we need updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment