Monday 18 May 2020

Geese! Posted by John Edmundson, 11 May 2020

I need a break sometimes from planning and marking but I may have got a little distracted from my main project - Feudal Spanish. Here's a baggage element for my 3rd Century BCE Italians. I have quite a lot of Gauls, plus about 100AP each of Camillan Romans, Samnites, Etruscans and Campanians. This is the first element for one of the latter three to see the light of day. I have a few Gauls painted from years ago when I did them for a DBA competition, in which they were pretty thoroughly thrashed. Given the subject matter it probably should be Roman but it could be used for any of them. I am working slowly on the Meroitic project too but slowly is the operative word . . .
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1499628363530084/

Geese are possibly the oldest domesticated fowl in the world. The European domestic goose is decended from the greylag goose (anser anser).

I was pretty happy with the blue of goose girl's dress. She had three shades of blue to get there.

White geese were deemed more attractive when plucked so were selected for. I doubt that process was as far advanced 2300 years ago so most of this flock are <50 shades of grey, with only a few heading towards white.

Here she is being mobbed by her hopeful flock of geese. The geese are, I think, Museum. The woman is from an Old Glory 'captives' set.


No comments:

Post a Comment