Saturday 7 December 2019

HYW English vs Medieval Swedish - posted by Josh . Barton, 8 December 2019

A few photos from Bruce and I's hard fought Sweden vs English game at Warlords yesterday.
I attempted to refuse a flank and attack only part of the Swedish army, but unfortunately the terrain was not to my advantage and Bruce knew how to make the most of his irregular troops.
We also had very swinging pip dice - Bruce rolled 3 1s on a key bound, which I honourably let him get away with by by returning the favour on my next bound 
In the end a reckless charge by the English knights utterly failed and the English king was surrounded and hacked down leading to the English army routing. The Swedes had killed 8 ME of English in 1 bound, and were 1 ME from breaking themselves!
Another fun game, and I really enjoyed having a visually well-matched game as well, both of us were using Perry miniatures and the terrain matched our bases as well, which is always nice!
Thank you to Bruce for a great game, and I hope we can have a rematch!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1361240430702212/

Vincent Cholewa Thank you for sharing. I would have thought the English Bd(S)/Bw(S) combination would be too strong vs Bd(O)/Bw(O). Just shows how little I know.
  • Josh Barton It also depends on the general as well :p I definitely could have played better
    1







Vincent Cholewa Philip Gates can show you the correct technique for dice rolling!
1


























No comments:

Post a Comment